While considering a virtual events platform you may already have a particular event, or series of events, in mind. But you should also be mindful of how the platform can be utilized in the future. You more than likely do not want to keep changing platforms, so it is not only important to think about how the platform fits into your immediate goals but equally important to consider your long-term goals and if the platform can adapt accordingly.
When thinking long-term consider the following:
- Is this platform future proof? What technologies does it incorporate and/or rely on?
- Does this platform offer an end-to-end solution?
- Can this platform be used for a variety of different purposes or event types?
- Does this platform integrate with in-person/hybrid events?
- What are the long-term investments and company goals for this provider?